Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong (Habitat Hong Kong) is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of Senior Officer / Officer, Programmes. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Programmes, you will play an integral role in running our domestic programmes in Hong Kong. Working collaboratively with the Partnerships & Public Engagement Team and Finance Team, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring efficient and impactful domestic programmes, while effectively managing key relationships with beneficiaries, volunteers, NGO and other programme delivery partners.
Key responsibilities include:
Planning & Execution
Support the Senior Manager, Programmes to develop and execute, strategically aligned and impactful domestic programmes.
Undertake and oversee the development and implementation of special projects or responsibilities as assigned.
Provide end-to-end support for assigned domestic programmes, including providing pre-, during- and post-activity coordination and administrative tasks including all relevant beneficiary, NGO and construction partner preparation, liaising with and coordinating volunteers where necessary.
Ensure quality control, excellent standards and risk management policies are consistently applied to all domestic programmes and ensure that all programme stakeholders, operate in a highly professional manner exemplifying Habitat guidelines, standards and mission.
Work closely with Programmes Team and Partnerships & Public Engagement Team colleagues, and depending on the programme, provide high-quality, rewarding and life changing volunteer experiences, contributing to the expansion of the number of volunteers whilst increasing and deepening long-term volunteer engagement.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Implement evaluation systems and metrics for our existing programmes to ensure they are delivered for impact and desirable outcomes.
Working with Habitat Hong Kong and Habitat International colleagues, ensure Habitat’s local programmes monitoring and evaluation processes adhere to strategic funders’ policies and reporting requirements.
Evaluate our programmes’ effectiveness to identify areas of enhancement for ongoing development and continuous improvement.
- Through content sharing, help develop creative and compelling concept notes and proposals for use by the Partnerships & Public Engagement Team, designed to drive new supporter acquisition and donor retention.
- Work closely with Habitat Hong Kong Partnerships & Public Engagement Team to ensure the ongoing delivery of engaging and captivating stories to encourage support from donors and volunteers.
Note: The role, whilst clearly defined, is part of a fast-moving and evolving organisation and as such, the related responsibilities may need to adapt as the team grows. Any changes will be discussed with the individual but should be recognised as part of the exciting environment within which Habitat HK operates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Higher Diploma / Associate Degree / Degree holder in any disciplines
Senior Officer: 4 to 5 years of experience in planning, organising & executing programmes and project management, preferably with volunteer / beneficiary programmes for NGO.
Officer: minimum 2 years of experience in supporting project planning, administration support & executing of programmes, exposure in NGO sector as a volunteer is an advantage
Candidates who are passionate about working in the non-profit sector, with relevant experience from other sectors, are also welcome to apply.
Planning & Organising : You can plan and execute successful projects and programmes within a strategic framework & internal guideline
Organisation : You are an organised person who is very attentive to details and passion for executing programmes with excellence.
Communication: You are an excellent communicator with high EQ and interpersonal skills. You are very comfortable working across and with multiple cultures.
Time Management: You thrive on being busy and seeing results from your actions. You have developed the ability of prioritizing and managing conflicting priorities and are able to meet deadlines.
Risk Management: You bring a thoughtful and analytical approach in planning, organizing & executing projects and programmes, using your insights to inform mitigation actions and thinking creatively to pre-empt potential challenges.
Digital & Data
Proficiency in PC operations (MS based applications, English and Chinese word processing).
Basic knowledge of software applications, e.g. Monday.com, Trello.
An early adopter with an interest in finding digital solutions to streamline operations and / or reaching our goals through better use of digital tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese.
- We have flexible working arrangements for all staff. Our work week is Monday-Friday, with staff required to work on some Saturdays/Sundays as is required for specific roles, programme, event and/or project needs.
Competencies, Values and Culture
We work with a set of competencies relevant to the various roles in the team and encourage a growth mindset from all staff. We expect all team members to demonstrate commitment to the Habitat values of courage, accountability, and humility. We respect and celebrate our differences and whilst we all need space to focus and think, we also seek team members who thrive in a collaborative, communicative and culturally diverse environment. We have built a culture of trust and open dialogue and welcome ideas and input from all staff, regardless of your position.
Salary & Benefits
- We conduct an annual benchmarking salary exercise to remain market aligned.
- We have a 5-day work week with part-time options for roles where operationally appropriate.
- Our flexible work schedule with remote working and co-working space options, reflects our culture of trust and accountability.
- We work with a pro bono insurance broker to find competitive dental, medical and life insurance.
- We provide a range of leave types above the statutory requirements, including but not limited to: Annual Leave, Study Leave and Personal Leave.
- In addition to the Hong Kong public holidays, we close the office for an extra day each year before or after Christmas and the Lunar New Year holidays and one day in June for all staff to focus on their wellbeing.
- As early signatories of the Equal Opportunities Commission Racial Diversity and Inclusion Charter, we are proud of the extremely positive feedback year-on-year from staff about our inclusive culture.
- Through our staff survey feedback, we are officially and proudly certified as a Great Place to Work.
How to apply
If our values resonate with you, if the role excites you and if you want to contribute to our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, please send full CV with a cover letter, current & expected salary and availability to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for taking the time to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview. 申請人所提交的個人資料會被保密處理，而有關個人資料只會披露予處理有關之職位申請。 We will retain the applications for a maximum period of twelve months and may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within Habitat.
香港仁人家園於2004年成立以來 ，為有需要家庭維修家居，締造安穩家園，並在港舉辦活動籌款，支援全球及本地有需要的家庭。 We welcome you to visit our website www.habitat.org.hk to learn more about Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong and our local, regional, and global impact.