Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong (Habitat) is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications. Reporting to the Director of Partnerships & Development, you will play an integral role in strategising, designing, managing, and executing the brand communications and direct marketing initiatives for Habitat in order to raise, maintain, and strengthen our brand visibility and engagement with our audiences.
You will have proven expertise as a brand builder within the charity sector and you will inspire the Habitat team to create and deliver integrated, insight-led brand and acquisition marketing strategies which will transform audience perceptions and behaviour, delivering organisational strategic objectives. You will bring your experience in digital and creative communications strategy to deliver impact across Habitat Hong Kong’s campaigns, events, fundraising and public policy activities. With a broad range of skills and knowledge, including project management, storytelling, media relations and content strategy and planning, you’ll also have experience in supporting multi-disciplinary teams and managing budgets, suppliers and consultants. The team will look to you for clear strategic direction on how the organisation can best use emerging and traditional digital, design, and multimedia for increased engagement.
Key responsibilities include:
Digital Marketing, Communications & Brand Building
- Provide a strategic overview and evaluation of all brand and marketing projects and campaigns against KPIs, reporting progress and return on investment, ensuring lessons learnt are shared with stakeholders and feed into the design of future projects.
- Develop marketing tools to enable our teams and board of directors to articulate our messaging to a wider audience.
- Manage budgets and develop the investment case for new opportunities as required.
- Generate creative and compelling digital content and brand collaterals to drive new supporter acquisition and donor retention through communications, campaigns, fundraising initiatives, and events.
- Champion the use of new tools, new tactics, data, and data analytics to develop and maximise our digital platforms.
- Responsible for strategic marketing across a complex broad range of audiences and communication channels.
Cross-Team Collaboration & Strategy
- Lead the development, implementation, and regular review of our annual brand and marketing strategy, identifying integration opportunities, clarifying objectives, and influencing and making recommendations on messaging, audience segmentation, and targeting activities.
- Contribute to organisational level decision-making.
- Provide marketing and communications support to colleagues and the Senior Leadership Team and other key stakeholders including Board Directors and Committee Members, liaise with external partners and ensure all marketing materials align with brand guidelines.
- Coordinate closely with other teams such as Finance, recognising that no one person or team can function in isolation and that we all have common goals.
- Encourage your direct reports to establish cross-team connections.
- Take an active role in one of our Standing Committees either as Staff Liaison, Committee Coordinator or Staff Participant. Depending on your role, prepare agendas and accompanying documents, present recommendations, and lead discussions during the meetings. Follow up on actions and learnings from committee members.
- Embrace the opportunity to line manage colleagues and demonstrate through your own behaviours a culture and mindset of growth and demonstrate a practice of good governance. Encourage your direct reports to participate in discussions and decision-making.
- Work closely with the Director of Growth & Governance to remove barriers and position the team and the people in the team, to achieve their full potential.
- Be accountable for the employee experience of your direct reports from onboarding, coaching, and developing and create a platform for transparent discussions around growth and capacity building opportunities.
Note: The role, whilst clearly defined, is part of a fast-moving and evolving organisation and as such, the related responsibilities may need to adapt as the team grows. Any changes will be discussed with the individual but should be recognised as part of the exciting environment within which Habitat HK operates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree holder in Marketing or social media, new media, business administration, PR/marketing communications
- Minimum 10 years of marketing & communications experience in the non-profit sector.
- Proven ability to lead, develop, manage, and deliver integrated strategic marketing plans and cross-channel campaigns.
- Confident drawing on relevant insights from audience research.
- Experience of events management desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of best practice and trends in social media, branding & marketing campaign impact measurements.
- Experience in developing supporter journeys and delivering engaging communications about thematic projects.
- Experience in delivering large-scale public campaigns.
- You are an excellent communicator with high EQ and interpersonal skills. You’re very comfortable working across, and with, multiple cultures.
- You are an experienced negotiator who excels in storytelling for persuasion that results in raising brand visibility and long-term engagement with our audiences.
- You bring bigger picture perspectives to discussions, and you value diversity of perspectives that lead to effective decision-making.
- You thrive on being busy and seeing results from your actions and the actions of your direct reports. You have extensive experience prioritizing and managing conflicting priorities and are able to meet deadlines. You are at ease with coaching others to build their capacity in this area.
- You bring a thoughtful and analytical approach in designing, managing and executing the brand communications and marketing initiatives and stay acutely aware of internal and external factors that could impact the achievement of organisational goals, using your insights to inform mitigation actions and thinking creatively to pre-empt potential challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese with Chinese an essential skillset for this role.
- Proficiency in PC operations (MS based applications. English and Chinese word processing).
- Knowledge of software/tool applications, e.g. Salesforce, WordPress, Canva, Google Analytics, BeePro, Adobe Creative Suite (AI, PS).
- An early adopter, with proven experience in digital marketing and/or digital fundraising.
- We have flexible working arrangements for all staff. Our work week is Monday-Friday, with staff required to work on some Saturdays/Sundays as is required for specific roles, programme, event and/or project needs.
Competencies, Values and Culture
We work with a set of competencies relevant to the various roles in the team and encourage a growth mindset from all staff. We expect all team members to demonstrate commitment to the Habitat values of courage, accountability, and humility. We respect and celebrate our differences and whilst we all need space to focus and think, we also seek team members who thrive in a collaborative, communicative and culturally diverse environment. We have built a culture of trust and open dialogue and welcome ideas and input from all staff, regardless of your position.
Salary & Benefits
- We conduct an annual benchmarking salary exercise to remain market aligned.
- We have a 5-day work week with part-time options for roles where operationally appropriate.
- Our flexible work schedule with remote working and co-working space options, reflects our culture of trust and accountability.
- We work with a pro bono insurance broker to find competitive dental, medical and life insurance.
- We provide a range of leave types above the statutory requirements, including but not limited to: Annual Leave, Study Leave and Personal Leave.
- In addition to the Hong Kong public holidays, we close the office for an extra day each year before or after Christmas and the Lunar New Year holidays and one day in June for all staff to focus on their wellbeing.
- As early signatories of the Equal Opportunities Commission Racial Diversity and Inclusion Charter, we are proud of the extremely positive feedback year-on-year from staff about our inclusive culture.
- Through our staff survey feedback, we are officially and proudly certified as a Great Place to Work.
How to apply
If our values resonate with you, if the role excites you and if you want to contribute to our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, please send full CV with a cover letter, current & expected salary and availability to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for taking the time to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview. 申請人所提交的個人資料會被保密處理，而有關個人資料只會披露予處理有關之職位申請。 We will retain the applications for a maximum period of twelve months and may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within Habitat.
香港仁人家園於2004年成立以來 ，為有需要家庭維修家居，締造安穩家園，並在港舉辦活動籌款，支援全球及本地有需要的家庭。 We welcome you to visit our website www.habitat.org.hk to learn more about Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong and our local, regional, and global impact.