Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong (Habitat) is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of Officer, Marketing & Communications. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communication, you will play an essential role in supporting the development, coordination and delivery of Habitat’s key marketing activities. You will be responsible for delivering specific marketing initiatives and projects that will enable Habitat to grow its reputation, raise its profile, and build our community of support.
Collaboration is central to how we operate as a team. The Marketing & Communications Officer will work closely with colleagues throughout the organisation, to implement impactful marketing campaigns, to identify and drive key audiences to our services and to gather and interpret insights gained from our digital analytics and market research.
Key responsibilities include:
Marketing, Communications & Brand Building
- Implement innovative and successful marketing activity across digital and traditional channels.
- Project manage and coordinate innovative marketing campaigns that help to promote engagement and build the Habitat brand using a range of channels and media.
- Draft bilingual (Chinese and English) copy for social media. Ensure content is accurate, precise and complete; correct in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and editorial style; and maintain a consistent tone and voice.
- Review, update and maintain brand collaterals and communications materials.
- Update and maintain stock of branded promotional items as appropriate.
- Update and maintain Habitat Hong Kong’s website.
- Provide marketing support for fundraising and volunteer events, including producing materials as needed.
- Liaise with vendors, production agencies, and media as appropriate.
Note: The role, whilst clearly defined, is part of a fast-moving and evolving organisation and as such, the related responsibilities may need to adapt as the team grows. Any changes will be discussed with the individual but should be recognised as part of the exciting environment within which Habitat HK operates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree holder in communication, marketing, PR, social media, new media, journalism, business administration or other relevant discipline.
- 2 to 3 years of marketing & communications experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Candidates who are passionate about working in the non-profit sector and with relevant experience gained from other sectors/industries are also welcome to apply
- Proven experience in digital marketing an/or digital fundraising.
- Experience of supporting large-scale public campaigns & events.
- Detail oriented, able to take instructions effectively, take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical, organisational & research skills.
- Able to multitask and exhibit consistent follow-through ad to work under time constraints, changing priorities & varying deadlines.
- Patience for other perspectives ad strong inter-personal & cross-cultural skills
- Previous work experience in a non-profit organisation, including in a volunteering capacity, is an advantage.
- Proficiency in PC operations (MS based applications, English and Chinese word processing).
- Knowledge of software/tool applications, e.g. Salesforce, WordPress, Canva, Google Analytics, BeePro, Adobe Creative Suite (AI, PS).
- An early adopter, with proven experience in digital marketing and/or digital fundraising.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese.
- We have flexible working arrangements for all staff. Our work week is Monday-Friday, with staff required to work on some Saturdays/Sundays as is required for specific roles, programme, event and/or project needs.
Competencies, Values and Culture
We work with a set of competencies relevant to the various roles in the team and encourage a growth mindset from all staff. We expect all team members to demonstrate commitment to the Habitat values of courage, accountability, and humility. We respect and celebrate our differences and whilst we all need space to focus and think, we also seek team members who thrive in a collaborative, communicative and culturally diverse environment. We have built a culture of trust and open dialogue and welcome ideas and input from all staff, regardless of your position.
Salary & Benefits
- We conduct an annual benchmarking salary exercise to remain market aligned.
- We have a 5-day work week with part-time options for roles where operationally appropriate.
- Our flexible work schedule with remote working and co-working space options, reflects our culture of trust and accountability.
- We work with a pro bono insurance broker to find competitive dental, medical and life insurance.
- We provide a range of leave types above the statutory requirements, including but not limited to: Annual Leave, Study Leave and Personal Leave.
- In addition to the Hong Kong public holidays, we close the office for an extra day each year before or after Christmas and the Lunar New Year holidays and one day in June for all staff to focus on their wellbeing.
- As early signatories of the Equal Opportunities Commission Racial Diversity and Inclusion Charter, we are proud of the extremely positive feedback year-on-year from staff about our inclusive culture.
- Through our staff survey feedback, we are officially and proudly certified as a Great Place to Work.
How to apply
If our values resonate with you, if the role excites you and if you want to contribute to our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, please send full CV with a cover letter, current & expected salary and availability to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for taking the time to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview. 申請人所提交的個人資料會被保密處理，而有關個人資料只會披露予處理有關之職位申請。 We will retain the applications for a maximum period of twelve months and may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within Habitat.
香港仁人家園於2004年成立以來 ，為有需要家庭維修家居，締造安穩家園，並在港舉辦活動籌款，支援全球及本地有需要的家庭。 We welcome you to visit our website www.habitat.org.hk to learn more about Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong and our local, regional, and global impact.