Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of Programmes Officer. Reporting to the Impact & Innovation Senior Manager, you will play an integral role in running our domestic programmes in Hong Kong. Working collaboratively with the Partnerships & Public Engagement Team and Finance Team, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring efficient and impactful domestic programmes, while effectively managing key relationships with beneficiaries, volunteers, NGO and other programme delivery partners.
Key responsibilities include:
Planning & Execution
- Support the Impact & Innovation Senior Manager to develop and execute, strategically aligned and impactful domestic programmes.
- Undertake and oversee the development and implementation of special projects or responsibilities as assigned by the Impact & Innovation Senior Manager.
- Provide end-to-end support for assigned domestic programmes, including providing pre-, during- and post-activity coordination and administrative tasks including all relevant beneficiary, NGO and construction partner preparation, liaising with and coordinating volunteers where necessary.
- Ensure quality control, excellent standards and risk management policies are consistently applied to all domestic programmes and ensure that all programme stakeholders, operate in a highly professional manner exemplifying Habitat guidelines, standards and mission.
- Work closely with Programmes Team and Partnerships & Public Engagement Team colleagues, and depending on the programme, provide high-quality, rewarding and life changing volunteer experiences, contributing to the expansion of the number of volunteers whilst increasing and deepening long-term volunteer engagement.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Implement evaluation systems and metrics for our existing programmes to ensure they are delivered for impact and desirable outcomes.
- Work with Habitat HK and Habitat International colleagues, ensure Habitat’s local programmes monitoring and evaluation processes adhere to strategic funders’ policies and reporting requirements.
- Evaluate our programmes’ effectiveness to identify areas of enhancement for ongoing development and continuous improvement.
- Through content sharing, help develop creative and compelling concept notes and proposals for use by the Partnerships & Public Engagement Team, designed to drive new supporter acquisition and donor retention.
- Work closely with Habitat Partnerships & Public Engagement Team to ensure the ongoing delivery of engaging and captivating stories to encourage support from donors and volunteers.
Note: The role, whilst clearly defined, is part of a fast-moving and evolving organisation and as such, the related responsibilities may need to adapt as the team grows. Any changes will be discussed with the individual but should be recognised as part of the exciting environment within which Habitat HK operates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Essential for the role
- Degree holder in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in organizing and execution of programmes.
- Candidates who are passionate about moving into the non-profit organisation sector and come with relevant experience gained from another sector are also welcome.
- You can plan and execute successful projects and programmes within a strategic framework & internal guideline.
- You are an organised person who are very attentive to details and passion for executing programmes with excellence.
- You have developed the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities so that you can deliver above and beyond expectations.
- You pride yourself on the quality of your work
- Fluent in Cantonese.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are proficient in PC operations (Microsoft based applications); Knowledge of database programmes such as SalesForce / Monday.com / Trello preferred.
- You are an early adopter and you’re interested in finding digital solutions to streamline operations.
Working Hours: Whilst we have flexible working options, you may have occasional work during the weekends according to project needs and events.
Desirable for the role
- Demonstrated examples of taking complex information and creating digestible, engaging content
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of programme impact measurement tools
- Knowledge of and experience in developing engaging communications about thematic projects
- Connected into the Hong Kong grassroots NGO landscape
How to apply: If our values resonate with you, if the job description excites you and if you want to shape an inclusive and transparent culture in the pursuit of our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, please send full CV with a cover e-mail, current & expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Habitat thanks all applicants for taking the time to apply. However, only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. All personal data collected will be kept confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Habitat is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or civil partnership status, medical condition, maternity, pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding status, gender reassignment, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.