Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong
Habitat has been serving the local community in Hong Kong since 2004. Our mission is bringing people together to improve housing conditions in Hong Kong and build homes overseas, giving a hand-up to people in need and strengthening communities to be self-reliant and resilient.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong is committed to an organizational culture built on humility, courage, and accountability. We support a safe, ethical workplace that insists upon good stewardship and care of our people, donations, funds, and resources. Humility means remembering that our mission is bigger than ourselves. We recognize that we always have more to learn, and that success depends on others. Courage means we do what is right, even if it is difficult or unpopular, by having honest conversations, valuing diverse perspectives, and boldly acting to further Habitat’s mission. Accountability means we take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission by acting with integrity, putting forth our best work, and learning from success and failure. All members of staff are expected to exemplify these values.
About Habitat for Humanity
Driven by the vision that everyone deserves a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort in the United States. Habitat for Humanity was founded in 1976 in the United States and has since grown into a leading global housing organisation, working in over 70 locations around the world. We have helped more than 46 million people build or improve the place they call home.
- Serve families through sustainable construction and housing support services
- Leverage shelter as a catalyst for community transformation
- Grow capacity to serve the most vulnerable, the disaster-affected and the urbanising world
- Support market approaches that increase products, services and financing for affordable housing, provide housing finance
- Promote policies and systems that advance access to adequate, affordable housing
Learn more about how we began
- Serve as a leading voice in growing awareness of housing as a critical foundation for eliminating barriers to a better, healthier and more financially stable life
- Mobilise volunteers as hearts, hands and voices for the cause of adequate, affordable housing