Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong is currently seeking talented individuals for the roles of Programmes Officer. Reporting to the Impact & Sustainability Manager, you will play an integral role in running our domestic programmes in Hong Kong. Working collaboratively with the Partnerships & Public Engagement Team and Finance Team, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring efficient and impactful domestic programmes, while effectively managing key relationships with beneficiaries, volunteers, NGO and other programme delivery partners.
Key responsibilities include:
Planning & Execution
- Support the Impact & Sustainability Manager to develop and execute, strategically aligned and impactful domestic programmes.
- Undertake and oversee the development and implementation of special projects or responsibilities as assigned by the Impact & Sustainability Manager.
- Provide end-to-end support for assigned domestic programmes, including providing pre-, during- and post-activity coordination and administrative tasks including all relevant beneficiary, NGO and construction partner preparation, liaising with and coordinating volunteers where necessary.
- Ensure quality control, excellent standards and risk management policies are consistently applied to all domestic programmes and ensure that all programme stakeholders, operate in a highly professional manner exemplifying Habitat guidelines, standards and mission.
- Working closely with Programmes Team and Partnerships & Public Engagement Team colleagues, and depending on the programme, provide high-quality, rewarding and life changing volunteer experiences, contributing to the expansion of the number of volunteers whilst increasing and deepening long-term volunteer engagement.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Implement evaluation systems and metrics for our existing programmes to ensure they are delivered for impact and desirable outcomes.
- Working with Habitat HK and Habitat International colleagues, ensure Habitat’s local programmes monitoring and evaluation processes adhere to strategic funders’ policies and reporting requirements.
- Evaluate our programmes’ effectiveness to identify areas of enhancement for ongoing development and continuous improvement.
- Through content sharing, help develop creative and compelling concept notes and proposals for use by the Partnerships & Public Engagement Team, designed to drive new supporter acquisition and donor retention.
- Work closely with Habitat Partnerships & Public Engagement Team to ensure the ongoing delivery of engaging and captivating stories to encourage support from donors and volunteers.
Note: The role, whilst clearly defined, is part of a fast-moving and evolving organisation and as such, the related responsibilities may need to adapt as the team grows. Any changes will be discussed with the individual but should be recognised as part of the exciting environment within which Habitat HK operates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree holder in relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in organizing and execution of programmes
- Candidates who has passion in working in non-profit organisation and with relevant experience gained from other sectors/industries are also welcome
- Fluent in Chinese
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in PC operations (MS based applications. English and Chinese word processing; Knowledge of database programmes such as SalesForce preferred)
- Available to work during the weekends as is required according to project needs
- Ability to think and plan within a strategic framework
- Ability to prioritize, manage details and execute with excellence
- Attention to detail and passion for numbers is a must
- Demonstrated examples of taking complex information and creating digestible, engaging proposals to attract support
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of best practice development approaches, tools and methodologies and experience in project design, proposal development and project management
- Knowledge of and experience in developing engaging communications about thematic projects
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Flexible, positive attitude and with good interpersonal skills – experience of working with a variety of key stakeholders and building successful relationships, including remotely
- Effective at influencing without authority
- Able to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability and aspiration to learn fast and continuously improve
- Comfortable with adapting to change
- Thrives on working in a collaborative, communicative and culturally diverse environment
- Strong networking skills and ability to manage diverse internal and external relationships
- Demonstrates commitment to the values of Habitat for Humanity
How to apply: Interested parties, please send full resume with a cover e-mail and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Habitat Hong Kong thanks all applicants for taking the time to apply. However, only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. All personal data collected will be kept confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Habitat Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, colour, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.