Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of Programme Manager for our soon-to-be-launched Ageing-in-Place (AiP) Project. This pilot project will provide essential home modifications to vulnerable elderly people, enabling them to age in place safely and have increased independence. It will also provide a platform to conduct home assessments, gather data on the age-friendliness of current housing stock and provide recommendations for improvements to individual homes and, in the longer term, to housing design policy.
Reporting to the Impact & Innovation Senior Manager, you will play a lead role in launching our brand new AiP pilot project. You will be responsible for design, planning, execution, and monitoring of the project. You will be expected to play a large part in preparing for a proposal for the extension and scaling up beyond the current 10-month pilot phase scope.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the point person for the AiP pilot project for all internal and external stakeholders, and work closely with the Impact & Innovation Senior Manager to ensure project success.
- Research relevant policies and programmes on housing and ageing-in-place and disseminate learnings and findings internally, working collaboratively with our research and public policy team.
- Facilitate and administer home assessments and evaluation surveys.
- Manage all associated project operations, which may include managing project volunteer
- Develop a project risk log to evaluate and mitigate risks before they happen and manage challenges as they arise.
- Execute home modifications by planning programmes closely with social workers and professional contractors.
- Collect and analyse project data and findings, providing internal and external facing project reports.
- Liaise with and manage key stakeholders including the project donor, Habitat leadership and our research partner(s).
- Consolidate pilot project findings and prepare the proposal for a second phase (i.e., the scaling up of the project).
- Ensure consistent quality control, excellent standards and all relevant policies including but not limited to risk management and safeguarding, are applied to the project.
- Ensure that all programme stakeholders operate in a highly professional manner exemplifying Habitat guidelines, standards, and mission.
Note: The role, whilst clearly defined, is part of a fast-moving and evolving organisation and as such, the related responsibilities may need to adapt as the team grows. Any changes will be discussed with the individual but should be recognised as part of the exciting environment within which Habitat operates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Essential for the role
- Degree holder in relevant discipline
- Minimum 8 years of experience in planning and execution of programme and/or project management.
- Candidates who are passionate about moving into the non-profit organisation sector and come with relevant experience gained from other sectors/industries are also welcome to apply.
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated examples of taking complex information and creating digestible, engaging project proposals
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the elderly service landscape in HK; programme development; impact measurement; and proposal writing.
- Budgeting and monitoring budgets
- Prioritizing and managing conflicting priorities
- Managing details and executing with excellence
- Proficiency in PC operations; Knowledge of database programmes such as SalesForce / Monday.com preferred.
- Fluent in Cantonese
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Working Hours: Whilst we have flexible working options, you will need to be available to work during the weekends as is required according to project needs
Desirable for the role
- Experience in policy research, housing, or architecture
- Knowledge of and experience in developing engaging communications about thematic projects
How to apply: If our values resonate with you, if the job description excites you and if you want to shape an inclusive and transparent culture in the pursuit of our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, please send full CV with a cover e-mail, current & expected salary to email@example.com
Habitat thanks all applicants for taking the time to apply. However, only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. All personal data collected will be kept confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Habitat is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or civil partnership status, medical condition, maternity, pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding status, gender reassignment, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.