Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of Officer, Programme Development. Reporting to the Impact & Sustainability Manager, you will work collaboratively with the Partnerships & Public Engagement Team and Finance Team to play an integral role in supporting, evaluating and maintaining the best practices for the organisation-wide processes, programmes and events so as to achieve our organisational goals.
Key responsibilities include:
Programme development & process improvement
This role provides support to the Impact & Sustainability Manger in various aspects of programme development, including but not limited to:
- Document programme workflows (execution, monitoring, reporting), and embedding workflows into project management tools such as Monday.com.
- Establish and manage budget monitoring and reporting tools.
- Liaise with the Finance Team with regards to financial reporting to ensure that financial reports are submitted on time and in adherence with financial reporting requirements.
- Perform market mapping and desk-top research, developing and writing proposals for new, innovative, mission-aligned, impactful and sustainable projects including youth engagement programmes.
- Centralise and managing data collection for the programmes database.
- Develop and implement volunteer strategy and management.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Implement evaluation systems and metrics for our existing programmes to ensure they are delivered for impact and desirable outcomes.
- Work with Habitat HK and Habitat International colleagues, ensure Habitat’s local programmes monitoring and evaluation processes adhere to strategic funders’ policies and reporting requirements.
- Evaluate our programmes’ effectiveness to identify areas of enhancement for ongoing development and continuous improvement.
This role will also be expected to provide support across the organization and will have the opportunity to:
- Coordinate a Board Standing Committee(s).
- Provide support for colleagues across teams on a short-term basis if needed.
Note: The role, whilst clearly defined, is part of a fast-moving and evolving organisation and as such, the related responsibilities may need to adapt as the team grows. Any changes will be discussed with the individual but should be recognised as part of the exciting environment within which Habitat operates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Essential for the role
- Degree holder in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in planning, organizing and execution of projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Candidates who are passionate about moving into the non-profit organisation sector and come with relevant experience gained from another sector are also welcome
- You can think and plan within a strategic framework & internal guideline.
- You are an organised person, attentive to details and passion for numbers.
- You have developed the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities so that you can deliver above and beyond expectations.
- You are flexible with positive attitude and able to learn fast.
- You are able to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- You pride yourself on the quality of your work and comfortable with adapting to change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are proficient in PC operations (Microsoft based applications); Knowledge of database such as SalesForce / Monday.com / Trello preferred.
- You are an early adopter and you’re interested in finding digital solutions to streamline operations.
Working Hours: Whilst we have flexible working options, you may have occasional work during the weekends according to project needs and events.
Desirable for the role
- Good verbal communication skills in Cantonese
- Demonstrated examples of taking complex information and creating digestible, engaging content.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of programme impact measurement tools methodologies and experience in project design, proposal development and project management.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing engaging communications about thematic projects
How to apply: If our values resonate with you, if the job description excites you and if you want to shape an inclusive and transparent culture in the pursuit of our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, please send full CV with a cover e-mail, current & expected salary to email@example.com
Habitat thanks all applicants for taking the time to apply. However, only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. All personal data collected will be kept confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Habitat is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or civil partnership status, medical condition, maternity, pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding status, gender reassignment, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.