Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of Assistant Manager, People Development & Operations. Reporting to the CEO with a dotted line to the Head of Finance & Operations, you will play a lead operational role in change and culture management, supporting our people in their development and growth, and helping the organisation to run efficiently and smoothly through people-centred processes and systems. Working collaboratively across and closely with all teams, you will lead projects related to learning, growth, operations, and compliance. This new role reflects our commitment to growing our people and seeing operations and processes through a people lens. Your operations work will prioritise systems that enable cross-team collaboration, communication, and knowledge sharing.
The intention is for the role to be split People Development (80%), Operations (20%). However, given the nature of our work and the size of our team, to be successful in this role you will need to be flexible and easily adapt to evolving priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
Training & Development
- Work with the CEO & team leaders on assessing training needs and formulating training plan & calendar for our employees.
- Assist in sourcing, implementing, and monitoring quality learning and development programs and activities that align with our overall organisational strategies.
- Support the roll out of learning initiatives and/or programs including proper on-site/ classroom/ virtual logistics support.
- Keep track of staff training records/database to provide CEO & Team Leaders with evaluation & analysis of employees’ learning experience & development progress.
Staff Engagement & Organisation Culture Building
- Coordinate the implementation of staff surveys (e.g. the annual Great Place to Work Survey), staff quarterly reviews, feedbacks from the internal learning activities. Assist in all follow-up with CEO & Team Leads to identify engagement gaps & recommend solutions to build a culture we are all proud of.
- Coordinate a range of employee engagement & staff wellness activities and participate in a staff-led “fun committee” to build a healthy, positive & collaborative work environment.
- Lead on localising Habitat International Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) policies and promote DEI behaviours and mindsets among our employees.
- Work with Team Leads and line managers to coordinate and support KPI setting and the planning & execution of annual talent appraisal processes.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing enhancement of talent management analysis & reporting.
- Play as a supporting role in recruitment and onboarding new staff, even including the offboarding, to identify any employee engagement & experience gaps for on-going improvement.
Operational duties and Internal & External Communications
- Support the Head of Finance & Operations with operational duties, include but not limited to the planning & execution of:
- office tenancy matters
- office administration in a co-working space environment
- maintenance of office supplies
- inventory & storage of files &
- materials and budgetary control, etc.
- Assist in setting up processes, procedures and standards to facilitate smooth & efficient daily operations, and work with relevant colleagues on tracking systems including:
- fixed assets register & inventory
- third-party contracts register
- preferred vendor list
- Act as IT support liaison between our staff & IT consultant for software & hardware trouble shooting matters, cyber-security exercises, etc.
- Coordinate cross-team platforms/tools (e.g. Trello, Outlook calendars) to improve efficient & effective internal communications.
- Coordinate the implementation & maintenance of the Sharepoint migration project to ensure proper & efficient documentation system and facilitate the sharing of knowledge among our staff.
- Appoint as the focal point of both Compliance & Safeguarding policies for Hong Kong Office to support our staff to understand & implement the most updated Compliance & Safeguarding standards via various means of training activities and internal communication channels.
- Appoint as the lead of office safety & occupational health matters.
- Act as an Operational Lead to seize the opportunity contributing to operational efficiency. Attend regular meetings with the senior leadership team contributing ideas to organisational level decision-making.
- Act as a Staff Liaison or Committee Coordinator for one of our Standing Committees to ensure effective meetings are run and action points are followed through.
Note: The role, whilst clearly defined, is part of a fast-moving and evolving organisation and as such, the related responsibilities may need to adapt as the team grows. Any changes will be discussed with the individual but should be recognised as part of the exciting environment within which Habitat operates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree holder in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in people development, human resources and operations or project management, preferably for an NGO.
- Candidates who are passionate about moving into the non-profit organisation sector and come with relevant experience gained from other sectors are also welcome.
- You can demonstrate how you plan and execute successful projects and programmes within a strategic framework, especially in the launch of new systems & tools.
- You have developed the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities so that you can deliver above and beyond expectations.
- Whilst you understand the bigger picture, you excel at managing details, managing risk and navigating challenging situations to execute with excellence.
- You have a positive, flexible and can-do attitude.
- You can handle multi-tasks. Be highly proactive and creative in coming up new ideas and use of digital tools to improve operational efficiency.
- Excellent communicator in English
- You are proficient in PC operations (Microsoft based applications); Knowledge of database programmes such as SalesForce / Monday.com / Trello preferred.
- You are an early adopter and you’re interested in finding digital solutions to streamline operations.
- Whilst we have flexible working options, you may be required to occasionally work during the weekends as is required according to operational needs.
Desirable for the role
- Good level of Cantonese
- Demonstrated examples of developing and implementing successful learning and development programmes
- Experience of setting up and executing time saving and efficiency focused systems
How to apply: If our values resonate with you, if the job description excites you and if you want to shape an inclusive and transparent culture in the pursuit of our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, please send full CV with a cover e-mail, current & expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Habitat thanks all applicants for taking the time to apply. However, only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. All personal data collected will be kept confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Habitat is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or civil partnership status, medical condition, maternity, pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding status, gender reassignment, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.