Individual Giving Officer (Pro bono)
Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong (Habitat HK) is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of Individual Giving Officer. This is a non-paid post. Reporting to the Individual Giving (IG) Manager, you will be a key member of the team, supporting the IG Manager on our Street (face to face) fundraising, direct mail, and broader individual giving initiatives. You will help monitor our activities and reconcile our reports to ensure that all donors and donations have been accurately recorded, prepare proposals and applications for street fundraising events, plan and execute our donor journey, answer phone calls and emails from our donors ensuring they receive a high quality service and have a positive interaction with us. This is the perfect role for someone who has an interest in marketing, fundraising, donor engagement or is looking to enter NGO work.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the IG Manager in the team’s fundraising initiatives: direct mailing, telemarketing and street fundraising – including helping to produce high-impact campaigns.
- Negotiate and deal with our partner agencies and vendors for all fundraising campaigns to ensure the best results.
- Coordinate training materials and content for frontline fundraising teams, keeping them up to date with Habitat’s activities and motivated by the services and support we provide for low-income families.
- Develop and produce donor communications.
- Provide in-depth, accurate and timely data analysis, checking invoices and donation reports to ensure accuracy.
- Undertake market research, initiate creative event concepts, produce event materials and prepare proposals to solicit event venues.
- Provide excellent stewardship to our donors, answering phone calls and emails from and providing a high quality, first-rate service.
- Support the administrative tasks of the Individual Giving team.
- Support other fundraising tasks as required.
Note: The role, whilst clearly defined, is part of a fast-moving and evolving organisation and as such, the related responsibilities may need to adapt as the team grows. Any changes will be discussed with the individual but should be recognised as part of the exciting environment within which Habitat HK operates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree holder
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Cantonese
- Strong analytical, organisational and research skills
- Detail-oriented, able to take instructions effectively, take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Able to multitask and exhibit consistent follow-through and to work under time constraints, changing priorities and varying deadlines
- Prior experience working, or volunteering, with a non-profit / NGO in any capacity preferred
- Proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Attention to details and passion for numbers is a must
- Self-motivated and can work well independently
- Holds themselves and others accountable
- Thrives on working in a collaborative, culturally diverse environment
- Patience, tolerance for other perspectives and strong inter-personal and cross-cultural skills
- Strong networking skills and ability to manage diverse internal and external relationships
- Able to think creatively and inspire others
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and balance competing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the values of Habitat for Humanity
How to apply: Interested parties, please send full resume with a cover e-mail and expected salary to email@example.com. Habitat HK thanks all applicants for taking the time to apply. However, only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. All personal data collected will be kept confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Habitat HK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, colour, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.