Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong (Habitat) is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of Community Engagement & Events Officer. Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Individual Giving & Events, you will play a crucial role in developing and coordinating programmes and events that engage community members, including volunteering activities, youth engagement initiatives and fundraising events. You will have the opportunity to support various initiatives that increase our brand visibility, deepen our engagement with our supporters and raise unrestricted funds.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the delivery of our youth engagement strategy and coordinate partnerships with local schools, international schools and universities
- Plan and execute our community programme “Project Schools Works”, including developing partnerships with local schools and monitoring budgets
- Develop and implement a project plan to cultivate and manage Habitat school clubs and campus chapters across Hong Kong, including creating support and fundraising resources for students
- Coordinate and support volunteer engagement efforts to support the organisation’s programmes and activities
Monitoring and Evaluation-Cross-Team Collaboration
- Support the delivery of fundraising and community events to engage with supporters and increase our impact in the communities we serve
- Assist in the planning and execution of events, including coordinating logistics, managing vendors and overseeing event set-up
- Communicate with event attendees, volunteers and vendors to ensure a smooth event experience
- Manage event registration, including tracking attendance and managing event materials 5. Provide on-site support during events
- Coordinate closely with other teams, recognising that no one person or team can function in isolation and that we all have common goals and demonstrate to others the importance of teamwork through your collaborative behaviours with colleagues across all teams.
- Take an active role in one of our Standing Committees as and when required. Tasks may include: preparing agendas and accompanying documents, presenting recommendations, and leading discussions during the meetings. Follow up on actions and learnings from committee members
Note: The role, whilst clearly defined, is part of a fast-moving and evolving organisation and as such, the related responsibilities may need to adapt as the team grows. Any changes will be discussed with the individual but should be recognised as part of the exciting environment within which Habitat HK operates.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Higher Diploma / Associate Degree / Degree holder in relevant disciplines, preferably in Sales & Marketing, Business Development or Event Management.
- One to two years of customer service and/or events experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Candidates who are passionate about working in the non-profit sector and with relevant experience gained from other sectors/industries are also welcome to apply.
- Proven ability to support the development and delivery of impactful and professional fundraising initiatives and events.
- You are an excellent communicator with high EQ and interpersonal skills. You’re very comfortable working across, and with, multiple cultures.
- You thrive on being busy and seeing results from your actions. You have extensive experience prioritizing and managing conflicting priorities and are able to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in PC operations (MS based applications, English and Chinese word processing).
- Knowledge of software/tool applications, e.g. Salesforce, Canva.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese.
- We have flexible working arrangements for all staff. Our work week is Monday-Friday, with staff required to work on some Saturdays/Sundays as is required for specific roles, programme, event and/or project needs.
Competencies, Values and Culture
We work with a set of competencies relevant to the various roles in the team and encourage a growth mindset from all staff. We expect all team members to demonstrate commitment to the Habitat values of courage, accountability, and humility. We respect and celebrate our differences and whilst we all need space to focus and think, we also seek team members who thrive in a collaborative, communicative and culturally diverse environment. We have built a culture of trust and open dialogue and welcome ideas and input from all staff, regardless of your position.
Salary & Benefits
- We conduct an annual benchmarking salary exercise to remain market aligned.
- We have a 5-day work week with part-time options for roles where operationally appropriate.
- Our flexible work schedule with remote working and co-working space options, reflects our culture of trust and accountability.
- We work with a pro bono insurance broker to find competitive dental, medical and life insurance.
- We provide a range of leave types above the statutory requirements, including but not limited to: Annual Leave, Study Leave and Personal Leave.
- In addition to the Hong Kong public holidays, we close the office for an extra day each year before or after Christmas and the Lunar New Year holidays and one day in June for all staff to focus on their wellbeing.
- As early signatories of the Equal Opportunities Commission Racial Diversity and Inclusion Charter, we are proud of the extremely positive feedback year-on-year from staff about our inclusive culture.
- Through our staff survey feedback, we are officially and proudly certified as a Great Place to Work.
How to apply
If our values resonate with you, if the role excites you and if you want to contribute to our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, please send full CV with a cover letter, current & expected salary and availability to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for taking the time to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview. All personal data collected will be kept confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. We will retain the applications for a maximum period of twelve months and may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within Habitat.
Habitat has been serving the local community in Hong Kong since 2004. Our mission is bringing people together to improve housing conditions in Hong Kong and build homes overseas, giving a hand-up to people in need and strengthening communities to be self-reliant and resilient. We welcome you to visit our website www.habitat.org.hk to learn more about Habitat for Humanity Hong Kong and our local, regional, and global impact.