‘Home Is Where The Heart Is’Photo Contest
Leading global nonprofit housing organisation, Habitat for Humanity, builds, repairs and renovates homes in partnership with low-income families in Hong Kong and around the world. To highlight the importance of a home and to raise awareness of the role that decent, affordable shelter plays in helping families escape poverty, we are running a photography contest. The winning photo and selected others will be profiled on 2 October to recognise World Habitat Day.
The details are as follows:
Date: 10.8 – 10.9.2017
Theme: ‘Home Is Where The Heart Is’
- Upload a photo to Facebook/Instagram/Twitter and give a description to the photo.
- Add the hashtags: #HabitatHK #HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs #WorldHabitatDay #家心動快門 @shop@dcfever
- Winner goes to the most likes and shares captured. The result will be announced on Habitat Hong Kong’s Facebook.
Result announced date: 15.9.2017
- Champion – shop@dcfever cash voucher HK$1,000
- 1st runner up – shop@dcfever cash voucher HK$600
- 2nd runner up – shop@dcfever cash voucher HK$400
- Winning photos and selected others will be profiled in our photo exhibition in Cityplaza from 2 Oct to 8 Oct.
*Terms and conditions:
- Participation is open to any Hong Kong citizen or permanent resident of Hong Kong.
- Please do not post any photographs or content that are defamatory, insult, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, threatening, sexist, discriminatory, or influence the social order nor infringe on the rights of others, privacy, trademark and other rights protected by law. Offenders will be disqualified. Habitat Hong Kong against any claim from any third party for any breach of this clause.
- You have the permission of all individual(s) captured in photo to share and publish their image. In the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 16 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- You are the only author of your work and that it is your original work.
- By submitting a photo, the participants agree to allow Habitat Hong Kong permission to use the image for the purposes of promoting Habitat Hong Kong or the Contest, now and into the future, at no cost to Habitat Hong Kong. The participants also agree to allow Habitat Hong Kong to use their photo for printed collateral, online, exhibition and across other marketing mediums, at Habitat Hong Kong ‘s sole discretion and at no cost.
- Habitat Hong Kong will announce the contest result on 15 September 2017, via Habitat Hong Kong’s Facebook.
- Winners must contact Habitat Hong Kong to claim the prize within 7 days after result announcement. If contact cannot be made within 7 days, the prize will be forfeited.
- Each participant can post photo on different social medias(Facebook,Instagram,Twitter), but only 1 photo for each social media feed. The winners will go to the most likes and shares captured from all the social medias. Repeated uploads or uploaded more than 1 photo will subject to the first submission.
- Participants must include all the hashtags on the social media feed. Without the complete hashtags will be disqualified.
- We recommend the images should be in high resolution, in order to have best quality for printing.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. Habitat Hong Kong’s reserves the right to replace the prizes with alternative prizes if circumstances beyond the Habitat Hong Kong’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- Habitat Hong Kong’s decision on all matters relating to the contest is final.